It’s that time of year for reflection and renewal. In 2011 I started this blog. I was so excited about blogging a few weeks later I committed to WordPress‘ Post a Week 2011. Truth be known, I fell short of my weekly commitment and now I’m wondering what I can commit to in 2012. If you’re a blogger, you’re probably thinking about your blog too…
So to get us all started, WordPress has kicked off the year with Project 365. They’re asking you to write something that you’re passionate about EVERY DAY!!! The challenge was posted on Freshly Pressed and I’m reprinting it because it’s really timely and worthwhile for all of us who blog.
Erica Johnson, Editor at WordPress (aren’t they a great provider?!) is documenting the challenge, so if you want to add your ideas to the WordPress challenge, you can do so here: Kick Off 2012 with Project 365
Since I haven’t been successful at even a post a week challenge, I will not be signing up for Project 365 (and my hat’s off for those who do!). However, I wanted to think about what I can honestly write about and how often. So to get both myself and readers started, here are some things to think about (and may also apply for non-bloggers too):
- What are you going to commit time to in 2012?
- What are you REALLY passionate about? (What can you get up early in the morning for or lose sleep over at night?)
- What hobbies or interests do you want to pursue?
- How much time do you have to blog? Or do new hobby, etc? (Try to be realistic here!)
- What things inspire you to blog about?
- How are you going to build community and inspire others? (For example, do you Tweet? or can you get involved locally if you’ve got time?)
I’ll be curious to see what you come up with…I’d like to get the year started off with some creative ideas. As I come up with things myself, I’ll post too. Thanks for your support in 2011 and looking forward to writing and reading with you in 2012!
Here are some additional articles to get your thinking started:
- Project 365 (everydayscrawlings.wordpress.com)
- Challenge Accepted (midnight365.wordpress.com)
- Three Hundred & Sixty Five+ (simonmarsh.org)